Feed The Mind: A Collaboration between So What Else and Nourish Now
Feed the Mind is a collaboration between So What Else and Nourish Now (501©3 organizations) focusing on helping adolescents learn a range of healthy living habits and providing them with the tools and experiences to do so. We are committed to providing pre-adolescent under-served youth in our community with an integrated, diverse set of services in one setting that addresses essential developmental needs to grow a physically and socially healthy adult.
The teenage years are critical to brain growth. Two essential factors during these years are a balanced diet for normal brain development and learning and practicing healthy habits; through Feed the Mind, we are able to leverage each organization’s offerings to give the youth we serve healthy food provided by Nourish Now while delivering a broad range activity programs provided by So What Else.
Examples of Feed the Mind’s offerings include:
- Nutrition – healthy food, cooking classes
- Education – STEM, environmental stewardship, philanthropic service learning, homework help
- Fitness – a range of classes from yoga to competitive sports
- Healthy Living – self-management, respect of self and others
- Arts – theater, music, literature, painting